BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 27, 2011

Dinah in Color

Last weekend I attended Dinah in Color presented by Lucy and Gail (an older Black Lesbian couple). I met some amazing women! All great shades and types of lesbians; Older with so much to offer me and in turn, I, the youngest one in attendance had so much to offer them. We shared laughs, stories, relationships woes, and dances. I taught them the Ballroom Hustle and they embarked on very unfamiliar territory with me- horseback riding and attending alone. I was scared yet excited and was perceived ass bold and confident. It was a great feeling to be respected and well received by people in the LGBTQ community. Other than my friends, I had never had such an experience whether it pertained to my orientation, race, or etc. I'm always fighting to be heard, seen, respected, and for once it felt great to just be me and let my spirit shine. We all exchanged information, some have made contact and as for the others they are on my to do list for after my writing session. It was the most fun I have had in a long while. I plan to attend next year, with or with out my friends :). It was just the mini vaca I needed to gain some clarity and dedicate myself to my passions.

Live
Love
Trust

0 comments:


About Me

My photo
Those who know me, call me Sunshine :-)